I love shopping any time of year, but for some reason the urge to flip through catalogs and online shops tends to amplify in the fall. I can’t help it!! I adore boots, flannels, sweaters, scarves, leggings, and layers upon layers… there is just so much more to accessorize with when it comes to fall attire.
There are a few season trends that I am really crushing on right now, so I thought I would share my shopping cart “wish list” with my readers today. A little secret of mine is that I tend to set my eye on something, and then continue checking back until it goes on clearance or the shop is having an online sale. Hardly any pieces in my closet I have paid full price for! Feel free to share any of your favorites too!
1. Varsity Stripe V-Neck Sweater: Forever 21. This trend came out at the end of the season last winter, and I totally missed out! It comes in 3 different colors and I want them ALL. Dress it up with a cute mini and some tights, or dress it down with a dark pair of skinny jeans and booties. Best part? It’s $19.90. Yeah, I told you I like a good bargain.
2. BP. ‘Trott’ Bootie: Nordstrom. I am utterly obsessed with these boots. Honestly the only thing that has kept me from purchasing them is the fact that they are 3 inch heels and I’m not sure how often I will wear them. The burgundy leather gets me every time. Picture these boots with a pair of dark jeans, a mini dress with tights, a flannel tunic with leggings?! They are the perfect pair of shoes to wear year round as well. I have heard nothing but great reviews on this brand as well. $119.95 for a lifetime of wear. Did I just talk myself into buying these?
3. Plaid Blanket Dream Scarf: Stylegirl Boutique. I have 2 scarf hangers in my closet filled with scarves, and yet every year I need another one. Seriously if someone wants a free scarf, give me a call. Stylegirl Boutique has an entire section of “dream blanket scarves” and I had a hard time deciding on which print to choose for this post! I love a good flannel print, so I went with this one. If you go to their site, you will find bow print, houndstooth print, geometric print, waffle knit scarves, and infinity scarves. I am cautioning you to budget yourself if you are a scarf freak like me. $29.99 – go get one.
4. Tencel® Jogger Pants: Gap. Jogger pants are the best invention ever. Jogger pants are the BEST INVENTION EVER. You guys, if you have not experienced the joy of wearing sweatpants to work yet. You need to. I should really be on the marketing team for these pants, because I am in awe that a pair of pants this comfortable could be dress clothes worthy. Pair them with a blouse and a pair of heels or super cute flats and you are set to go. I already own a pair of olive green ones, but these burgundy ones are next on my list. They would already be in my closet right now if the tall sizes hadn’t sold out so quickly. With Gap sales, you can almost always guarantee a 40% off discount on these bad boys. $59.95 full price. Boo-yah.
5. Floral Print Knit Surplice Dress: eShakti. I did a previous blog post about this online shopping experience a few weeks ago. eShakti is wonderful because you can design and customize your own designs to your style taste and sizing. I love it because I have a hard time finding tall lengths that fit me just right. This dress stood out to me on eShakti’s site particularly because I can wear it year round. I can’t wait to pair it with some tights and riding boots. I also enjoy bringing a pop of color into the dreary cloudy days that we experience during the fall and winter months. When you register for eShakti, you get a $40 discount coupon sent to your email that you can use on your first purchase. They are also great about having site-wide sales, so keep an eye out. Dress is $89.95 full price. You can also use the discount code: sugarandsass through September 21st for a 10% off discount!
6. Factory Sherpa-lined Utility Vest: J Crew Factory. Vests are one of the cutest summer to fall transition pieces. They are perfect for those cool days where you don’t want to wear and actual coat, but need something a little cozier. I am really fixated with all of the utility vests that are everywhere right now. I like this particular one from J Crew because it is sherpa-lined and a little warmer. You can find similar ones at a bargain price from Forever 21. I have also seen some stylish utility vests at Nordstrom. J Crew Factory is always a great place to shop because they have the best deals and always have online sales site-wide. Right now, everything is 30% off. This vest is $78.00 before the discount and can easily be dressed up with a mini dress and tights, or down with a flannel and your favorite pair of jeans.
7. Navy Blazer Suede Corduroy Women’s Desert Wedges: Toms. Toms and I have had a very loving and loyal relationship since my first pair of classics that I wore around Disney World parks for 4 straight months my senior year in college. I was sold, and ever since then I have continued to try nearly ever other type of shoe that they come up with to see if there will ever be a shoe that is not incredibly comfortable. I have 2 pairs of the desert wedges and wear them constantly in the fall and winter. They are very versatile and incredibly comfortable. Being a 6’1 chica who is not fond of heels, these 3″ wedges are my best friend. $89.00 at toms.com or if you’re a Zulily member you can find some great sales on them there twice a year.
8. Crossbody Bag: Gap. Have to give one more shout out to Gap on their outrageously adorable fall style. So many bold jewel tones and such affordable accessories! The crossbody style is my current favorite since I’m constantly on the move. They also have the same bag in suede: another fall fav. Again, site-wide sales are always happening so you can get this bag for under $30.